Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Primed and ready


Well, the race we all look forward to in this area is just about upon us. The Wilson Fat Tire race is just 5 days away (May 2nd). This is really a top notch trail and needless to say that I am very lucky to only live 45 minutes away.

I have been able to ride Wilson numerous times over the past several weeks in preparation for this event. Linda, my cute little biker wife, has also been putting in alot of seat time. This will be her first time to race Wilson and only her second MTB race ever. She has been riding extremely well and I think she has put herself in position for a good finish.

As for me, I am primed and ready. I have never felt as comfortable on that trail as I do right now. All the new stuff that Bob put in has really turned out sweat and for those who have not ridden at Wilson in the last 6 months, you are in for a real surprise. For my last several Wilson rides, I have really turned up the intensity and pushed myself to the edge. My times have been getting increasingly faster and tonight I shattered by record time and set a new personal best. I feel very good about where I am at. I will be racing in the Cat 2 category and this category and my age class are always the most competitive from top to bottom and it usually has the most riders. It is loaded with outstanding mashers so I really don't expect to compete for a podium spot. However, for me it is all about improving and seeing just how I stack up against my peers. The Great Bend area has a large number of really good riders and spending time on the trail with these guys has made me a much better rider.

Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend and hope we all have a safe race. Until next time, stay "Clipped In and Crankin".

No comments:

Post a Comment