Saturday, April 3, 2010

Settling In


We have really been blessed with some great riding weather the past 2 weeks. This has helped me settle in to a good solid riding routine. It has been abit windy at times but one of the nice things about our local Ark River trail is that when the wind howls you don't even notice it down on the river. During the past 2 weeks I have been able to get in 6 rides on this trail for about 130 miles total. I have also worked in 3 plus laps at Wilson for another 60 miles.

The Tuesday night river rides are pretty intense with myself, Doug Chambers, Jon Shank and Jeff Stevens. Those guys are top notch riders and it has really raised my skill level with them pushing me to the limit for 25 miles each ride. These rides usually end with about 30 minutes of night riding which is a real blast. My two new Ameoba light set-ups have really enhanced my night riding ability.

Tomorrow Linda and I are headed up to Wilson and we will focus on getting her ready for the up-coming Fat Tire race which is being held there on May 1st. We will be focusing on the Cat 3 portion of the trail since that is what she will be racing. I look forward to riding Wilson now more than ever since I have my new Superfly 100. That is one sweet ride!

Well, that's all for now. Until next time, stay "Clipped in and Crankin".

1 comment: