Saturday, May 22, 2010

Crankin Away

(Below) LJ and I at Roman Nose and Inspiration Point


As I write this post, Linda and I are crashing in beautiful Watonga, OK. We made the 3 hour drive down today to pre-ride the Roman Nose trail in preparation for tomorrow's race. Roman Nose is one of my favorite trails and we always top off a night here with a great meal from the Noble House.

Considering this area has had about 2 inches of rain in the past 10 days, the trail is in pretty good shape. There are some areas of mud and some deep running water. But that will just make the race abit more challenging. The Cat 2 class that I am competing in will ride 14 miles. My class is extremely competitive with a large number of very talented racers so I am not expecting a real high finish. But, my goal is to just go faster than last years race. Linda will be competing here also and she is pretty stoked for the event. This is her first time to ride here and she did pretty well on her pre-ride lap today. This is a great trail and it reminds me alot of Lake Wilson.

(Below) The Wilson group ride and LJ's first ride down Stego drop


Speaking of Lake Wilson, a group of us had a great evening ride there this past Tuesday. Doug Chambers has been wanting to get some pictures of riders on the trail and the evening light was perfect for that. Sandy Gilmore-McMullen went with us and it was a good night for her and Linda because they were both able to overcome their fear of the in-famous Stegosaurus drop. The evening was topped off with some great burgers cooked by Chef Chambers.

Well that's all for now, be looking for a Roman Nose race report in the next few days. Until next time, stay "Clipped In and Crankin".

No comments:

Post a Comment